- Dec 01 2021
- 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Digital storytelling about community food growing: How you can get involved
Join us to find out why community food gardens should embrace digital storytelling and help us launch a new online course for food growers.
Are you involved with an urban community food garden? Would you like to gain new digital skills as well as inspire more people to grow their own and attract more attention (from decision makers and funders) about the important role food gardens play in our cities? If the answer is yes, then this webinar is for you.
Hosted by Capital Growth and RISC, Richard Choksey of Social Farms & Gardens will be chairing the webinar to share learnings and reflections from the Digital Storytelling and Food Growing project.
Speakers will include:
- Les Levidow – Open University
- Andrea Berardi and Julia Jung- Cobra Collective
- Guest garden participants (tbc)
The aim of the webinar is to:
- Launch the Open University online course in digital storytelling for community food growing
- Hear from garden participants who have completed the course
- Explore the use of digital storytelling as a tool for gardens to make the case to councils about the benefits of community gardens as well as for capacity building e.g. use videos in monitoring and evaluation, funding applications, promotional materials
- Provide a basic understanding of how to get started in digital storytelling
See how community food growers have already told their digital stories to help shape the course. Read about the project learnings here.