Everyday Participation: The Seven Modes
How good is your organisation at getting people to participate? What could you achieve if you had larger and more active support? And why do so many democratic businesses and organisations struggle to do participation well?
This practical workshop will introduce the “Seven Modes of Everyday Participation”: a simple tool to help you find ways for people to get closer and contribute to your work and mission in small but meaningful ways, on an everyday basis. You can expect to take away a workable prototype for a new participation opportunity for your organisation or project.
- Introduction to the concept of “everyday participation”
- Inspiring examples from a wide range of organisations
- Hands-on exercises for shared learning and ideation
- An opportunity to prototype a participation idea
- Key contemporary trends in participation and active citizenship
- How and why mission-led organisations can get participation wrong
- The Seven Modes of Everyday Participation: a practical toolkit